Donating Art Work to the Center
The William Way LGBT Community Center is a public, tax-exempt non-profit and accepts art work from artist’s estates and wills, as well as, art from individuals for our permanent collection. If you would like to donate art to the Center email, write or call 215-732-2220 about what it is that you intend to donate. Please include a photograph or JPG of the work(s).
Please note that the Center staff cannot legally appraise a work of art donated to it. This is the responsibility of the donor. The employees and volunteers of the Center are not professional appraisers. We can suggest appraisers and/or where to find such services.
Submitting Your Work
The Gallery is always interested in seeing work with which we are not familiar. In order for us to become acquainted with your work, we ask that you send us digital images or a link to your website address. We cannot accept original work, nor view images sent on disk.
When submitting, please remember that the Art Gallery at the William Way Center exclusively exhibits work by artists who self-identify as LGBTQ. Your work need not be explicitly LGBTQ-focused; we are more interested in artistic perspectives on the breadth of human experience by LGBTQ people.
Sending your inquiry through email:
1. Please e-mail your URL to John Anderies, Director of the John J. Wilcox Archives, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are sending jpeg images, please send no more than 4 (preferably under 25K each), of your most recent work.
2. Please note "Gallery Submission" in the subject line of your e-mail.
3. Your email should serve as your cover letter giving your address, phone, email and contact information.
4. Your website should include resume information showing your exhibition history, collections, images and, if appropriate, your education experience.
5. Please include an artist's statement addressing concrete information about your work and your objectives.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL regarding the status of your submission, as we will respond to submissions that have been viewed by the curators with interest. Our gallery schedule is currently booked for the near future; we are curating exhibitions for 2020 currently.
Thank you for considering us!